What you can expect to learn from this Course:
- Thorough understanding of training equipment: proper uses, pros, and cons
- Professional practices and ethics as prescribed by the CCPDT
- General canine health and husbandry: basic nutrition, grooming, parasites, and symptoms which may limit a dog’s participation in training
- Canine ethology: domestication, development, and body language
- Learning theory and application: classical and operant conditioning, cues, shaping, management, Premack and Thorndike’s principles, and how these are applied to training plans
- Instructional skills: inter and intrapersonal communication and classroom management.